In the late nineties Rae Hoffman-Dolan started a small website about her son and his medical condition (pediatric stroke) that became one of the first international support groups on the topic. It garnered national media coverage and helped fuel medical research efforts in the field.
Investigating ways to support that website, she found affiliate marketing and became one of the most well known voices in the affiliate marketing landscape and organic search engine optimization. Her current area of specialization in regards to SEO consulting focuses on SEO audits from a technical SEO standpoint and advanced organic link development techniques and link building strategies relating to all of the major search engines. Rae is also considered one of the leading minds in the industry in affiliate branding techniques.
Rae is a regular speaker at the PubCon conferences and a retired moderator for the WebmasterWorld forums. Additionally, Rae is a regular columnist at Search Engine Land and has also spoken at various industry conferences such as Search Engine Strategies and SMX. Rae was listed in the Invesp Top 100 Most Influential Online Marketers of 2008 and the Invesp Top 100 Most Influential Online Marketers of 2009. Rae has also been quoted in USA Today, ZDNet, Online Media Daily and various other media publications.
Known widely in the online marketing community as Sugarrae, she is also the author of the often controversial Sugarrae affiliate marketing blog and Co-Founder and CEO of website publisher MFE Interactive with millions of page views per month in the mobile space. Additionally, Rae also serves as the SVP of Marketing for Speedy Incorporation - an online incorporation service aimed at new small business owners on a tight budget.
- Listed in the Invesp Top 100 Most Influential Online Marketers of 2008
- Regular Speaker, WebmasterWorld's Publishers Conferences
- Invited Guest and Partial Coordinator, Webmasters in the Sun
- Invited Guest, Yahoo Search Relevancy Panel, Yahoo Corporate Headquarters
- Regular Speaker, Search Engine Strategies
- Speaker, Karcher Group SEM Seminar
- Featured Guest, Webmasterradio.fm, Good Karma Show
- Member, PRWeb Advisory Council
- Speaker, SEOClass Workshop Series
- Regular Speaker, Search Marketing Expo (SMX)
- Regular Columnist, Search Engine Land
- Invited Guest, Google Search Relevancy Panel, Google Corporate Headquarters
- Retired Moderator, YPN and Link Development Forums, WebmasterWorld.com
- Featured Guest, Webmasterradio.fm, SEO 101 Show
- Keynote Speaker, IM Spring Break Conference
- Speaker, Izeafest
- Regular Speaker, Affiliate Summit
- Speaker, Audience Conference
- Listed in the Perfectio Top 10 Most Influential Women in Canadian Social Media
- Listed in the Invesp Top 100 Most Influential Online Marketers of 2009
- Speaker, Search and Social Summit
- "Featured Expert" in "Turning Clicks into Customers", Duane Forrester, 2010
- Listed in the Top 100 Most Powerful Women on Twitter
- Listed in the 50 Most Influential People In Blogging 2010 by Income Diary
I’m a mom to three gorgeous kids who are my lights and my strengths and have a wonderful husband who supports me in everything I do. I love to travel, love to gamble, am competitive as hell, love MMA, never turn down a game of pool and football on Sunday is damn near religion in my household (as is rooting for the Bucs and the Eagles).